Parents make the most of this weeks Parent-Teacher Conferences by asking the right questions. Here are 7 important questions to ask your students teacher to help gain a better understanding of how your student is doing in school.
Questions to Ask During Parent Teacher Conferences:
1. How do you best prefer to communicate with me? (Email? Phone? Text? Notes?)
2. What do you see as my student’s strengths?
3. What do you think are the academic challenges for my student?
4. How is my student doing socially?
5. Is my student on grade level for reading? What about math, science and writing?
6. How does the school handle state testing and prep for those tests?
7. What can I do at home to support what you’re doing in the classroom?