BUFFS ROUNDUP: Saturday, June 13, 2020
The following set of rules shall be in effect during the 2020 Summer schedule of workouts, practices, team camps, etc. for Garden City High School athletes, or anyone who will be participating in an event on the GCHS Campus:
- No athlete or coach should come to workouts if they: a. Have a Fever; b. Have a Persistent Cough; c. Have Shortness of breath/difficulty of breathing; d. Have sudden loss of smell or taste.
- All athletes upon arrival will check in by scanning the QR Code and be asked questions relative to their current health. If an athlete answers “YES” to any of the questions they will be asked to go home.
- After checking in and being asked health questions, all athletes will be directed to the concession stand bathrooms to wash their hands for 20 seconds. Social distancing will be encouraged and a limited number of athletes will be allowed into the bathroom at one time.(Please see map in regards to dropping athletes off)
- Once athletes have checked in, answered health questions, and washed their hands for 20 seconds, athletes are asked to wait patiently on the east side of the concession stand area, while using social distancing from other athletes waiting. At this point no athlete will be allowed back outside the entrance to the stadium for any reason.
- All athletes (boys & girls) should wear a T-Shirt WITH sleeves or long sleeves. Shirts are to be worn at all times during workouts. (No cut-off sleeves or tank tops will be allowed).
- Each athlete should bring their OWN water bottle(s). DO NOT allow anyone else to drink from their bottle(s). Water fountains will NOT be in use anywhere in the building or outside.
- Athletes who need to use the bathroom during weight training will use the concession stand bathrooms.
- Any athlete or coach that has a cut, scrape or scab should cover it up with more than a band-aid prior to arriving at school.
- At the conclusion of each weight room session, all racks, bars, weights, collars, dumbbells and other used equipment will be wiped down and sanitized before the next group begins.
- At the conclusion of each weight room session all athletes will be given hand sanitizer prior to them leaving.
When Entering the Gym Areas
- All athletes that have workouts in the gym should enter and exit through the doors near the training room on the north side of the building.
- Athletes upon entering the building will be asked to wash their hands for 20 seconds in the bathroom.
- The use of the bathroom will be available. (Coaches will direct them to their location)
- All athletes should bring their OWN water bottle(s). DO NOT allow anyone else to drink from their bottles(s). Water fountains will NOT be in use anywhere in the building or outside.